Sunday, May 27, 2012

Flea Market Finds

Woo! First real post!

So my boyfriend surprised me this morning by taking me to breakfast and then to the local flea market just to walk around and hang out -- little did I know I would come home with new polish!  I got these four polishes for only $2.

I've never heard of any of these brands and as I found them in the knock-off Asian booth, they may not even be made in the United States.  Since I got home I've been researching the brand names and so far, I can only find the KR brand mentioned. See it here. I've only swatched the two ZNM brand polishes on the right at this point.  (Though I can't wait to try out the KR polish since I'm guessing it's a crackle polish -- which I love!)  Gotta break it up so I don't run out of things to post about!

Polish #1: ZNM - Color #23 - 2 coats, no topcoat


My major complaint was the texture.  This is definitely an older polish that has been hanging around for awhile because it was really thick and applied gloppy.  You can see in the above picture how thick and icky the texture is.  I'm sure if I had added a topcoat it would have smoothed it out some, but because I'm impatient, I didn't want to take the time to put it on just to take it off.  (I'm hoping this blog will help break me of this habit.)
Sorry for all the pictures of this polish, it was really
hard trying to capture the true color.
The pic above is by far my favorite that I took, and most accurate color-wise.
It ended up being a combination of natural light and flash.



I tried taking a picture up against the white siding, hoping it would bring out the green in the polish...but it still pretty much looks robin-egg blue.  It's definitely got a lot more green to it than is shown in any of the above pictures.  The only color that I can find that is semi-similar is Finger Paints' "Art Dealer Teal-er" which can be seen here.  Overall, I love the color, hate the application.  I'll definitely have to try it with a topcoat next time.

Polish #2 - ZNM polish - Color #06 - 2 coats, no topcoat


I am in love with this color!!!  I am a huge Florida Gators fan, and this is definitely Gator Blue.  Unfortunately though, the smell is AWFUL.  As soon as a took the lid off, it smelled like I was using spray paint, not nail polish.  It was nasty.  It's been over two hours since I put it on, and it still smells bad.

It was getting dark by the time I went to take pictures of this polish, so they were all taken in poor light because
I decided I didn't want to be shifty and walk around my apartment complex taking pictures of my nails.


Overall, the application was great, and the color is great (with plenty of shine!), but the stench was horrible.  I'll definitely probably suffer through this polish again, just because I love the color.  Oh well!  

Hopefully I'll get to post again tomorrow, but if I don't everyone have a great Memorial Day and don't forget to thank all our past and current servicemen and women who fought for our freedom!

--
Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...