Wednesday, June 13, 2012

My First Julep Box and Jessica Swatch

My first Julep Box arrived last Thursday, but due to getting home late from work and the office at my apartment complex closing before I got home I wasn't able to pick it up until Sunday!  And because it was my first I wanted to take pictures and document how everything was packaged and what came in my box.  But as I was finishing folding all the laundry my boyfriend was almost more excited to see the contents than I was and opened it up and started pulling everything out.  I had selected the It Girl box, so I knew that I would be receiving Jessica, Mandy, and Brooke.  For my post about my expectations of my Julep box, click here.

My first Julep polishes!
First of all, I was incredibly intrigued by Jessica, because I really don't have any creme polishes.  The Spoiled polish, Lox-y Lady, was my first creme polish, and I'm not even sure it is a true creme.  I also don't have many pastel colors.  But without further ado, here are the pics of Jessica.





I love, love, love, love, LOVE the color of Jessica.  And since I'm pretty pale, it makes my hands look super tan.  Though I did get a sunburn/slight tan (maybe?) this past weekend right before applying this polish.  My only complaint is how thick the polish was.  I had to have a lot of polish on the brush for it to apply smoothly and if I missed a spot or didn't get full coverage the first swipe then it got really streaky.  After two coats, I was able to even it out, and a top coat certainly helped out. You might even be able to see in a few pictures how lumpy and uneven the application was on my thumb...

Other than the application, I really like the color and the wear has been great too.  It really didn't start chipping badly until today, which was day four.  I also didn't work Monday or Tuesday, so the typical wear and tear may not have happened. 


Still to come: Mandy and Brooke!

--
Sarah





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...