Thursday, June 28, 2012

Plenty of Fish with Disco Balls in the Sea!?

That's what this mani makes me think of anyway!  I used Spoiled's Plenty of Fish in the Sea as the base with a coat of LA Colors' Sparkling Diamond on top.  I LOVE IT!!!


I think I love this combination even more than the Plenty of Fish in the Sea with Use Protection I did a few weeks ago (see here).  And I mean, I loved that manicure, A LOT.  One thing I will say in defense of that combination, is the glitter is much more subtle than in the combo I'm bringing to you today.


I love the bright blue color of Plenty of Fish in the Sea.  This time I did three coats for opaqueness, since it wasn't opaque with two.  Then I just followed up with one coat of Sparking Diamond. Sparkling Diamond is actually a polish I got for one cent from Copious!  It really is great when they have free credits, because you can stock up for super cheap!  I had seen Sparkling Diamond before and loved it, and knew I had to find it. Even though my local dollar store carries LA Colors, I have never seen glitter polishes, or anything too super exciting, so I jumped when I found it on Copious.


I've had a lot of compliments on this manicure too.  Normally one of my coworkers is the only person who comments on my nails, but I actually had several people tell me how much they loved my nails!  The only thing I was slightly annoyed with was one nail chipped on my right hand within 24 hours of application.  But, at the same time, I'm really good at chipping my nails.  Though, that is still the only noticeable chip in any of my nails and it's now day 3.


As you can see in the above picture, Sparkling Diamond is jam-packed with glitter!  There are medium sized silver/mirror hex glitter and lots and lots of small silver glitter.  It gives it a really neat look.  It looks best in direct light, but even in low light, you can see the shine of the glitter.


I also really, really like the quality of this last picture I took.  I'm striving to get better at taking pictures of my nails as this blog grows, and I am super impressed with my picture-taking skillz for the final picture.  Hopefully I'll have a post up soon about my other Copious steals and the Zoya Mini Trio I got (for free!) a few weeks ago.

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...