Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Grapefruit Sorbet by Polished Perfection

Woohoo!  Finally making it back for another Try it on Tuesday post!  After missing the last few weeks, I am finally participating again!  

Today, I'm trying out Grapefruit Sorbet by Polished Perfection.  One of two indies I purchased from Polished Perfection back in May.  These are my first indies and I am so excited to finally getting around to trying them out!  Hopefully I can try out Tropical Tide sometime soon too!


Grapefruit Sorbet, is a light yellowy-orange colored layering polished with opalescent flakies inside.  This is also my first polish with flakies!


Its quite pretty in the bottle.  I decided to layer it over Pure Ice Celestial, which I have used several times before, including my Fourth of July mani.


In theory, it sounded like a pretty combination.  Since Grapefruit Sorbet is nearly iridescent, I figured I could layer it over any color and see lots of flakie goodness.  In my swatches, I have one coat of Celestial, and two coats of Grapefruit Sorbet.


And while it looks kind of pretty in the pictures...if you look closely you can barely see the flakies at all!  I was so disappointed!  I am definitely going to have to try this polish again with a different base coat.  Do you have a color you like to layer with?  I am really drawn to blue nails, as I'm sure readers of my blog have noticed.


I pretty much took this manicure off as soon as it dried and I took the pictures.  I also hate how there are all kinds of bubbles showing up on my nails!  I can't figure out if its from my base coat or the top coat.  But its super annoying and also distracts from being able to see the flakies.




Overall, I'm hoping that with more use, Grapefruit Sorbet will grow on me.  It has a lot of potential, and perhaps I just need the right base coat to really make it pop.  The flakies also didn't really transfer from the bottle to the nails.  Even though I did two coats, there still didn't seem to be a lot of flakies on my nails.

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...