Saturday, July 21, 2012

Sally Hansen Salon Effects Strips in Blue Ice

Tonight I have something a little bit different from what I've posted before.  I gave the Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish strips a go!  I decided to try Blue Ice, a really pretty light blue that looked like a really concentrated glitter polish.


Unfortunately this color was INCREDIBLY hard to photograph and looks more grey than blue in nearly all the pictures I took.  It also doesn't help that my camera didn't want to focus on the glitter.


I had tried the Kiss brand nail strips before the Sally Hansen ones (sorry, no pictures of those), and those were more like a plastic sticker, which I really liked.  They were touted to last 10 days, and they definitely lasted 10+ days.  By day 4 or 5 I was using clear topcoat to smooth down the tips because they wanted to peel up, but other than that they were great.  After using those, I was slightly disappointed by the Sally Hansen nail strips.


Perhaps it was because they really are 'real nail polish' strips like advertised.  They were really flimsy and I had more trouble applying them.  They also didn't fit the shape of my nails as well, as I have oddly shaped nails (in my opinion).  Also, the instructions didn't say anything about applying topcoat afterwards, so I didn't.


So, as you can see in the above photo...the wear was not great.  This was only after one day wearing the nail strips.  I think I suffered through a second day of them chipping away before I finally took them off.  And let me say, they are just as hard to remove as an actual glitter polish.  One thing to note however, is the color accuracy in the above photo, even though it is badly out of focus.


They were really classy looking though.  I liked the look: simple, but glamorous because of the glitter.  But they just didn't last as long.  I was really disappointed since they were supposed to be able to last 10 days.  Next time I will definitely apply topcoat afterwards.  I still have enough strips left over that I can wear this color again.




In the picture above, you can also see the wear on my thumb after the first day.  It's also fairly true to the color here.  It's such a pretty shade of blue, I wish my camera could have captured it better. Has anyone else ever been disappointed by the Sally Hansen nail strips?

--
Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...