Thursday, August 16, 2012

Jessica + A Million Sparkles

This is quite possibly my favorite manicure I've ever done.  I actually came up with the design for this manicure while blogging the other night about my July haul.  I had a coupon and bought my first Nicole by OPI polish last month.  I fell in love with A Million Sparkles and just KNEW that was the NOPI I had been holding onto the coupon for for so long for.  And without further ado, here's the manicure:


I used two coats of Julep Jessica that I received in my first Julep Maven box back in June.  I have used Jessica before and I love her!  She's a beautiful pastel creme that just glides on.  It's quickly becoming one of my go-to colors.


A Million Sparkles is quite an interesting, variety-filled glitter polish.  There are tiny blue/teal hex and bar glitter, small gold hex glitter, and short pink bar glitter, all suspended in a clear base.  The tony blue hex and bar glitter are packed in there and incredibly dense.


I didn't really have to place any the glitter, though I didn't get a little bit peeved at the pink bar glitter and tried to move it to keep from hanging off the end of my nail.  This is currently my only polish with bar glitter...and I've heard about people have difficulties, but luckily it didn't give me too much trouble.  It was just out of personal preference.


You can see on the thumb in this above picture how all the glitter kind of clumped together in the middle of the nail.  It wouldn't have been so bad if I could have gotten it to look like that on all the nails.  Honestly, I preferred it on the other nails.


Anyway, so it was two coats of Jessica, followed by two coats of A Million Sparkles, and topped off with one coat of Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Topcoat.  The polish was smooth with just one coat of topcoat.




LOVE IT!!! This mani is so pretty and sparkly I still love it even though it's pretty badly chipped now.  I can't wait to try A Million Sparkles out layered over other polishes.

--
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. I'm not the biggest fan of NOPI, but this is gorgeous. What a great mani!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)

      I agree, if I hadn't had the coupon I probably would have never even given the NOPIs a second glance.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...