Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Newspaper Nails

I just have to say, newspaper nails are the easiest nail art technique I have ever attempted.  The tutorial I followed was by Beautylish, which can be found here.  It was really simple.



I started out with two coats of LA Colors Energy Source.  Then cut out the pieces of newspaper.  The tutorial suggested 2" by 1" squares, but since my nails are smaller, I just cut then to be about 1" squares.  Then I poured rubbing alcohol into a shallow dish and dipped my thumb nail into it to completely cover the nail.  Then I picked a piece of newspaper and dropped it in the alcohol.  I then fished it out, and ink down placed it on my nail.  I then took a folded paper towel and pressed the newspaper piece against my nail for about 15 seconds.  I then peeled the newspaper off carefully, and let it dry for awhile before finishing it off with topcoat.  I did each nail individually.

Left hand

Right hand

The only thing I would do differently, would be to hold the newspaper on the nail for a little longer. I smudged the pinky on my left hand, which you can see above.  Other than that I have NO complaints.  I look forward to trying this out with different colored polishes and different types of newspaper clippings!




If you are interested in trying nail art, but don't know where to start, I DEFINITELY recommend trying out this technique as its unique and simple!

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...