Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Liebster Award

Sorry that it has been forever since I last posted!  I was out of town for a week attending a conference for work (and totally going through polish withdrawal!).  But I was pleasantly surprised on Sunday evening to find out that I had been nominated for the Liebster Award from Apple Lacquer!


The Liebster Award is "all about discovering new blogs and helping those with less than 200 followers to get recognized."  And I truly appreciate it. <3  I love how friendly and welcoming the nail polish community has been as I grow and wish to share my new passion with the world.

Here are the rules:
1. Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves.
2. They must also answer the 11 questions the "tagger" has set for them.
3. They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to tag.
4. They must then choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and tag them in their post.
5. These lucky bloggers must then be told.
6. There's no tag backs.

11 Things About Me
1. I have a bachelor's degree in meteorology.
2. My favorite sport is NASCAR.
3. I am a HUGE Florida Gators fan.
4. I have a car named Addy.
5. I grew up on a cattle ranch in Central Florida.
6. I am a big American history buff.
7. I'm really impatient when it comes to painting my nails.
8. I like all genres of music, though my favorite bands are Muse, Collective Soul, and Train.
9. None of my friends or family know about my blog or Facebook page because they'd think it was silly.
10. My parents recently got a new puppy...and I want to steal her.
11. My favorite color is green.

Apple Lacquer's 11 Questions for Me
1. How did you get started with blogging?
I had attempted a weather blog about two years ago, but because of school it fell by the wayside.  Then in April and May I got really into nail art and reading other people's blogs and got really excited thinking that I could do something similar.
2. What is the landscape like where you live?
Mostly swampy.  I do live in Gainesville, FL after all. ;)
3. What is your favorite type of pants?
I prefer a bootleg cut.
4. What are your pet's names?
I have a cat named Addy and two fished named Spot and Noname
5. What is your dream job?
I would like to be the official meteorologist for NASCAR and get to travel to the races every week.
6. What is your least favorite polish?
I don't have one specific one that I don't like...but I'm not a big fan of most browns and yellows against my skin tone.
7. What is your dream date?
Go to a nice place for dinner and walk on the beach at sunset (my boyfriend and I have attempted this on several occasions and have managed to fail every time lol)
8. What is your least favorite TV show?
Any of the "original" stereotypical reality shows like Survivor, The Bachelor/Bachelorette, Big Brother, etc.
9. What was your biggest nail polish fail?
All three times I've attempted to water marble.  I was successful with one nail the last time I did it, but I had already messed up the other four on that hand and I was too lazy to start all over essentially.
10. What was your first boyfriend or girlfriend like?
Still with him today, and he is amazing. <3
11. What's your favorite color for toe nail polish?
Something bright - probably like a neon pink or orange.

11 Questions for My Nominees
1. What was your favorite vacation?
2. Long or short hair?
3. Have you ever had a blog before your current one that just received this award?
4. What was your first concert?
5. Have you ever ridden a horse?
6. What is your favorite nail art technique?
7. If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
8. Do you have any other hobbies besides nail polish?
9. What is your favorite season?
10. What is your favorite wild animal?
11. What kind of phone do you have?

My Nominees

Thank you again to Apple Lacquer for the nomination and the entire fantastic polish community!  I promise I'll have a new post up later this week.

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...