Saturday, September 15, 2012

10 Day Nail Art Challenge - Day 1

Today is the first day of my very first nail art challenge!  It's hosted by Erica's Nails and More, and I am super excited!  Today's theme is Favorite Color.  My favorite color is green, but I actually own only one green polish.  It's neon and I love it, but I just wasn't feeling it.  So I went with my favorite color polish I have, which is Zoya Lana.



It's a gorgeous red with lots of pink undertones, and gold shimmer.  You can really see the shimmer in the pictures I used flash on.  They will be towards the end of the post, since they were taken pre-nail art.  I used three coats of Lana as a base coat, followed by a black Art Deco by LA Colors nail art striper polish.




Since it's a nail art challenge, you were supposed to incorporate nail art somehow into your design.  I am very much a newbie when it comes to nail art, and could not decide what else to put on top of Lana (can you tell I didn't think about this particular day in advance?).  So I pulled out the striper polishes I have and decided to try a "simple" swoopy design on each nail.  "Simple" only because everything nail art for me a literally a challenge.  Which is why I am participating in this challenge!

And now for the shimmery gold awesomeness that is Zoya Lana!





So pretty!!!  And without flash, still gorgeous.


Yay!  The first day of my first challenge is complete!  I've been practicing some of the techniques for future days, so expect better quality nail art!  I'm gonna try anyway!  Keep checking back because I'll try to have as many posts as possible.  But I probably won't be able to everyday.  Also, check Erica's Facebook page because she will be posting everyone's entries in albums daily.

--
Sarah

7 comments:

  1. Wow, that is beautiful!
    Do you know where to get the Art Deco stripers? I have some that someone gave me and I love them, but I haven't found them in stores.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D

      I get mine at Dollar General for $1. I think you can get them at Family Dollar too.

      Delete
  2. AHHH I love Lana! Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you! It was kind of spur of the moment, I hadn't really planned out what I was going to do, lol.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...