Saturday, September 29, 2012

10 Day Nail Art Challenge - Day 6

I am slowly but surely getting posts up for my favorite manicures from the 10 Day Challenge I just completed, which was hosted by Erica of Erica's Nails and More.  I really had a great time doing the challenge, I just wish I hadn't been so busy the week of the challenge so that I could have had these posts on the corresponding days of the challenge...but oh well.  Without further ado, here is my Day 6 manicure.


The theme for Day 6 was polka dots.  I recently got a dotting tool, and am still mastering it.  I am actually quite pleased with how this mani came out.  It's definitely one of my favorites from the challenge.  I think the dots look pretty good, and are all pretty of uniform size.


So, there's kind of a funny story behind the color combination.  I couldn't decide what colors to use for this mani, just because I knew pretty much anything would look good.  So I decided to have my boyfriend pick the colors.  The first thing he asked was what I was wearing to work the next day.  I had planned on wearing black shirt with a teal and black knit cardigan, which you can see in the next picture.


I think he asked me what I was wearing so that he could pick out colors that would not match it all, thinking I wouldn't go through with it.  But, I'm not super picky if my nails don't match what I'm wearing.  If I'm doing a manicure and intend to wear it a few days, I try to have at least outfit match my nails.  Anyway, so he said he wanted a blue base with pink and orange polka dots.


I then went into my stash and pulled out LA Colors Static Electricity for the base and Julep Mandy (pink) and LA Colors Tangerine (orange) for the polka dots.  I did have to do a second coat on the polka dots to get them opaque on top of the bright, almost neon blue.


Finally, I just have to say, I am in LOVE with this final picture I took.  I wish I had taken the time to do my photo editing (I only crop and add the watermark, nothing else) during the challenge, because I definitely would have submitted this final image.  It's one of my favorite pictures of my nails I have taken.

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...