Monday, September 24, 2012

10 Day Nail Art Challenge - Day 3

So today is actually the final day of my first nail art challenge hosted by Erica of Erica's Nails and More, but I'm going to share my Day 3 manicure.  The theme for day three was favorite season.  Since my favorite season is fall, I tried to incoporate some of those colors into a mani.


This was also the first time I had attempted a fishtail/braided mani.  It was fairly easy, but I'm not a super big fan of my final result.  However, I am in LOVE with the bronze colored polish.



Here are the polishes I used in this mani.  The base is LA Colors Bronze, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Rapid Red, and NYC Colors Plaza Plumberry.  I'm not a big fan of Plaza Plumberry, I bought it a few weeks ago, but it was way darker than I expected and usually just looks black because I'm so pale.



Overall, I like the concept of this mani, and I look forward to try the braiding style again, and hopefully master it!  I just can't get over how much I love that bronze though!  It's probably one of my favorites of my LA Colors polishes.  And I have eight or ten of them.



Here is actually my first attempt at the braided mani - a practice for the challenge.  I really liked the red nails, but you just couldn't really see the orange (Sonia Kashuk Hot Pursuit) in the braid.  I am also extremely honored to say that today, for day 10, another blogger from the challange, Erin of The Colours in My World, used my braided mani as an inspiration.  I love the colors and the final result of her mani so much better than mine!

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...