Sunday, September 9, 2012

Chomp Chomp

Sorry it has been so long since I posted!  I have been super busy the last few weeks due to school, family, and sports.  I have been painting my nails more, so I at least will have a little bit of a back log of posts to do. I am entering my first nail art competition, which will be starting next Saturday, September 15th.  So I have been practicing and fine-tuning some designs for the contest.  But onto the manicure!

I have decided to do a Florida Gator themed manicure each week during the regular football season.  We're now two weeks in, but I will be sharing my mani from last week.


Last week we played Bowling Green University, and we won 24 to 14.  It was a rough game, but we're still in the re-building process.  Anywho, back to the nails!


I used three polishes to create this mani.  One of which, the glitter polish, is an indie created by Jen at Jindie Nails.  I used two neon blacklight polishes from Hot Topic (nameless, but I call them Neon Orange and Neon Blue), and Chomp Chomp from Jindie Nails.




I just have to say how impressed I was with the way this manicure came out.  I loved it so much!  And I had never done an accent nail before but knew I wanted to to show off the orange and blue glitter in Chomp Chomp.  The funny part was, my boyfriend kept asking me why I only painted one nail blue and didn't alternate -- because that's the point of an accent nail!


Chomp Chomp has a wide variety of types of glitter in it including small metallic blue hex glitter, medium sized orange matte hex glitter, small metallic blue bar glitter, and large matte blue squares (at least I think that's everything!).  One thing I really liked the polish is it toned down the neon of the base coat.  Because it's nearly impossible to find true Gator Orange polish, Chomp Chomp complimented it nicely, and made the eye catching part of the mani the glitter and not the base colors.


The application was fantastic.  What is seen in all these pictures is only two coats.  Chomp Chomp is  full of glitter!  And I had almost no application issues.  I didn't have to fish any of the larger glitter out, though I did some placement so that lots of glitter wouldn't accumulate all in one place on the nail, as can be seen on my ring finger.  But even that isn't terrible.



If you are interested in any of Jen's other lovely creations, check them out in her Etsy shop here.  She's currently set to vacation mode, but should be back in the next week or so.  I can't wait to pick up a few more of her polishes!  But, if you're a Florida Gators fan I highly recommend this polish.  It's absolutely perfect.


I am so in love with Chomp Chomp!  I will probably be using it again in another Gator Mani soon. 


Anywho, bare with me in the next few weeks, I promise I'll be posting a lot more!

--
Sarah

4 comments:

  1. YES! Thank you doll! Next time you order, please tell me you are a blogger and I can give you more samples to try for review :). ♥

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...