Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Patriot Day - TIOT

We will never forget 9/11/01.  I want to send out a huge thank you to all our public service and military for everything they have done to keep us safe and still do today.  United We Stand.

In honor of Patriot Day, in remembrance of September 11th, I decided to use Julep America for the first time.  I didn't think of it until partially through the day, but I've had this polish since I got it in my July Julep Maven box, and had never used it.  So technically it qualifies as a Try it On Tuesday (TIOT).




I started off with two coats of Julep Kate, also from my July Julep Maven box (another untried!), followed by two coats of America.  And I love the end result.  In fact, I almost like how it looks in the pictures more than I like it on my nails!



Application of America was a HUGE pain in the butt!  I think I'm going to have to invest in a bottle of thinner...because oh boy, does it need it.  It was thick and gloppy and just plain eww.  The first couple of nails would be fine, but the longer I had the bottle open the more gloppy it got.  By the time I finished my right hand, there were stars all clumped up on the upper part of the brush handle, and very few on my nails.


I wasn't even too concerned with the number of stars on my nails (I ended up with three I think), but the consistency of the polish left a lot to be desired.  I didn't really like the super fine red glitter in the polish...it looks gorgeous as an end result, but is a pain for application.


Though the glitter dried quickly, it was really gritty and still wasn't smooth after two layers of topcoat.  I'm sure part of it is the topcoat I use.  I just love the colors in America...and the way the light flashes off the metallic glitters in this polish.




I'm just not looking forward to taking it off! ;)

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...