Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Go Pink Wednesday - Week 5

So I have finally made it back for the final installment of Go Pink Wednesday in October!  As I described in my Go Pink Wednesday - Week 2 post, Andrea from Finger Painting Fingers has been encouraging all the ladies in the blogsphere to paint their nails pink each Wednesday in October in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month.


This week, I actually used a new L'Oreal polish I picked up at CVS a few weeks ago when I had a coupon.  This is I Pink I'm in Love.  Such a cute name!   I also am in love with this color!


I Pink I'm in Love is a very subtle, shimmery pink.  My boyfriend's sister and I had been discussing how I didn't really have any "breast cancer pinks" at the beginning of the month, so when I saw this pastel, I decided to get it.



I actually wore this manicure for a couple days with limited wear!  It was great.  I thought  about doing some nail art on top, but I liked the color how it was.  But after the second day I decided to jazz it up after all and added Sally Hansen Star Opal in Red Opal on top.  They are nearly the same color on their own, but Red Opal as a great yellow, almost golden shimmer to it.



You can really see the shimmer that Red Opal adds in this next picture.  Red Opal is one of my favorite polishes and is so diverse when layered over different polishes.  If you click on Red Opal in the Labels column in the right, you can view all four times I've used Red Opal in posts on the blog!




Here are the two polishes I used together.  They are fairly similar in color, and both take three coats to build opacity.  I Pink I'm in Love is definitely more of an opaque polish though.  Either way, I loved this mani, and was glad of how it came out even if I did only get to participate in Go Pink Wednesday twice.

Look for a post on my Halloween mani tonight or tomorrow!

--
Sarah

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful color!
    Come see my pink mani for this week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's definitely one of my new go-to pinks! :)

      Delete
  2. This is such a pretty pink! I've been meaning to try out the Loreal polish's, will keep an eye out for this one :)

    Aysh xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's the first L'Oreal polish I've purchased, but the application was fantastic!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...