Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Go Pink Wednesday!

In honor of October being Breast Cancer Awareness month, Andrea at Finger Painting Fingers is hosting "Go Pink Wednesday" and inspiring all the ladies in the blogosphere to paint their nails pink each Wednesday during October.  I was unable to participate last week, so this is my first post for Go Pink Wednesday!


Almost two weeks ago I found out I won Jennifer at Little J's Nail Corner giveaway!  I received my prize this past weekend after my apartment complex held my package hostage!  (In all honesty, they thought they had lost it and I was quite sad, but then I received another mail slip in my box on Saturday because they found it!)


The two colors I won were Milani 3D Digital and 3D Cyberspace.  I planned on having a post featuring both of them before posting this one, but since I've been sick this week, I just haven't had the opportunity.


Quick interruption in the story, but look at the gorgeous holo shift in the above two pictures!  It's really subtle and can only be seen in certain lights, but SO pretty!  I love this polish.  It's almost a nude on my skin tone.  There's just enough sparkle in normal light, but not a lot to scream "LOOK AT ME I'M WEARING GLITTER HOLO POLISH!!!!!!!"  Or something akin to that, lol.


Anywho, so the pink holo polish I'm wearing is Milani 3D Holographic polish in Digital.  I've never tried Milani before, and it is one of my new favorites.  The application of this polish was great!  I can't wait to try legit glitter polishes from Milani if the formula is this good.  I've heard they also have a great white polish too.  (I am always looking for white polish, my current go-to is Julep Kate - but I won't be shelling out $14 for it regularly, I got it in a Maven box).


Breast cancer awareness is near and dear to my heart and breast cancer runs in my family.  My grandmother (on my mom's side) and my great aunt (on my dad's side) have both had double mastectomies, and are both currently cancer free!  My family has been fortunate that in both cases it was detected early.  So everybody needs to be doing monthly breast exams even if you are not "old enough" to have a mammogram!  Ok PSA over, lol.



Anywho, I hope you enjoyed this beautiful polish and hope you find a way to give back this month or help spread breast cancer awareness!  Even if you're just wearing pink polish!  (My boyfriend's younger sister HATES pink, and I even have her on the bandwagon wearing Milani Digital with me).  Thanks again to Jennifer for providing me with this fantastic polish!

--
Sarah

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I agree! It's probably my new favorite! :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful holo, the color looks great with your skin tone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! This looks wonderful on you! I'm glad you you were able to rescue these polishes! ;]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad that your Grandma and aunt are cancer free and doing well! I love this pink holo Milani! Such a sparkly color! :) P.S. send me an e-mail so I can send you the instructions for adding the link tool to your post!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, me too! And I just sent you that email :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...