Thursday, October 4, 2012

September Nail Art Challenge Recap!


As promised, here is a recap of my first nail art challenge!  In September I participated in Erica's Nails and More 10 Day Nail Art Challenge.  The challenge flyer is as follows:


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




My favorite polish color is Zoya Lana.  I then used a black Art Deco striper polish to add the swoopy designs.

Day 2: Favorite Animal

My favorite animal is the dog, but these paw prints could pass for dogs or cats (that way my cat doesn't hate me too much).  I used Julep Kate as the base and LA Colors Circuits and a dotting tool to make the paw prints.

My favorite season is the Fall!  I used LA Colors Bronze, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Rapid Red, and NYC Colors Plaza Plumberry to create the fall-colors inspired mani.

Day 4: Saran Wrap Nails

My favorite manicure of the challenge so far!  I used Julep Jessica as the base and used the sponge-on method with LA Colors Live, the shimmery silver color.  A very understated, yet glamorous mani!

Day 5: Gradient

Gradients are probably one of my favorite nail art techniques!  In all honesty, gradients are what got me into the polish and nail art world!  For this subtle gradient, I used Zoya Myrta and Zoya Kimber from the Zoya Pinterest Trio that came out this summer.


I told my boyfriend to pick a few colors for my manicure.  I believe he picked these thinking I wouldn't like to color combination, but I do!  I started with a base of LA Colors Static Electricity, then added the polka dots in LA Colors Tangerine and Julep Mandy.


I have never attempted flowers before this challenge!  I tried to find some inspiration, but decided to just wing it!  Unfortunatley, my flowers look more like pink sunny-side-up eggs...  However, I used LA Colors Astro for the base color and then used a dotting tool and two LA Colors Art Deco polishes in Baby Pink and Yellow to make the flowers. 

Day 8: Galaxy Nails

These were my first galaxy nails, and while I think I went a little too heavy on the other colors, and did not leave enough black on each nail, I like the results.  I used LA Colors Energy Source, Sinful Colors San Francisco, and Pure Ice Crimson and Celestial.  I then used a dotting tool to add stars and finished with Spoiled Shaken Snow Globe.

Day 9: French Tip Variant

I also used this mani as my Gator mani for the week since it's orange and blue!  The blue I used was Sinful Colors Midnight Blue, and the orange tips are Zoya Myrta.  I got lots of compliments on this mani though I wish Myrta looked more orange and less red...

Day 10: Recreate your favorite

I used Amber Nolan's Day 6 mani as my inspiration for my Day 10 manicure.  I used an unnamed e.l.f. polish as the base, which has tiny holo glitter in it, and then used a doting tool to add dots in LA Colors Live.  This was definitely one of manicures of the challenge!

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...