Thursday, November 8, 2012

No H8 - November 8


Bullying is not funny. It is not cool.  It is not right.  And more imporatantly, it is not okay.   Most of us are, thankfully, residents of countries that support tolerance and many of our families have settled in these places simply for that reason.  Generations later, it is our responsibility to perpetuate that message of tolerance across our new social platforms, including the internet.

As members of the nail polish blogging community, we all share a love of beauty, color, and lacquer.  Other than that, we are remarkably different: from our race to our religion to our hair color...even our polish application techniques.  To marginalize anyone because of theose differences is completely unacceptable and today I take a stand against that.  I refuse to allow other people's view of "normal" dictate how I behave, believe, and blog.

In solidarity with a multitude of bloggers linked below, my purple manicure represents my proud commitment to the No H8 movement.  Today, November 8, I dedicate my post to ending bullying of any kind and to encouraging diversity and imperfection among our colorful community.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can honestly say, I was affected by bullying in the nail polish community.   Once when I shared a photo on someone else from the nail polish community's Facebook page, someone commented on how horrible the clean up job was.  And while it was pretty discouraging, I do not want pity!  I know I do not do the best cleanup jobs, or have the most beautiful nail art, or the healthiest cuticles, or can afford to have expensive tools and polishes to help me.  I like being resourceful and I'm proud of what I put on the blog, no matter how "awful" I think looks.  I'm a harder critic on myself that anyone else.   And when I saw the blog that initiated this No H8 response, I immediately felt less about my abilities.  Now that the whole thing has blown up, I am proud to be a part of the community that embraces us for our differences, and our application techniques.  While I do still feel critical of myself, and desire to bring you the best looking pictures and manicure possible, and I don't worry what anyone may say negatively.

Since I didn't have the time to do my nails again today, due to the nail art challenge, I enlisted the assistance of my sister-in-law (who is a polishaholic in training) to be my hand model.  She is an advocate of Stomp Out Bullying, so I thought it was fitting to feature her in this blog post.


She is wearing two coats of Spoiled's 2 Weeks Sober.  I used this color in my Halloween manicure for the purple dots.  It's a gorgeous dusty purple, with gold micro glitter and shimmer.  I have been looking forward to trying this polish out, so I'm glad to feature it today.  You can really see the shimmer in the next two pictures.



Look at all that shimmery goodness!  I love this polish so much on its own.  It's the first purple I have owned that I have really loved, since I don't have very many purples at all.  And since today is all about not discriminating, we didn't do any cleanup on purpose. :)

To see what all the other bloggers are doing to support No H8 check out the list below.

--
Sarah


6 comments:

  1. I haven't seen that Spolied color...I love it! Hope your sister is loving it-that was pretty sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, she was pretty excited to be on the blog :)

      Delete
  2. Great Post! I'm so glad you and your SIL joined us! (From another Florida blogger) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog name! I am randomly going thru the list of those who linked up. Sending you warmest aloha!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...