Friday, November 2, 2012

November Nail Art Challenge - Day 1

I'm so excited to bring you regular posts again!  Yesterday was the first day of the new nail art challenge I've begun!  I know I have mentioned it before, but this is the November 10-Day Nail Art Challenge hosted by Erica of Erica's Nails and More.  The days of this challenge are more spaced out, which is great for my schedule. 


The theme of the first day is rainbow.  I had originally thought about trying to do a gradient, but unfortunately, I've been struggling with gradients recently, so I decided to attempt something a little easier.  I apologize for the kinda crappy clean up job.  The black polish I used was a little runny and really filled up my cuticles... 




Overall, I LOVE how this mani came out.  I never thought I would like wearing something so bold, but I really did. :)  As for the polish, I used LA Girl Blackout as the base and then used Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Rapid Red, LA Colors Tangerine, LA Colors Art Deco Yellow, Spoiled Permission to Proceed, LA Colors Static Electricity, and Smackers Galactic Grape to make the dots.



Here is a close up of my thumb.  Because my thumb nail is the longest, it was my favorite because I was able to do a full row of the purple dots.  Also, ignore the shorter nail on my ring finger because I broke it earlier that night. :(  I will be trimming the rest of my nails down to match in length this weekend.  Anywho, I am excited about the rest of the challenge and already have an idea of what I'll be doing for Day 2!

--
Sarah

6 comments:

  1. I ALMOST did this exact mani! I love the rainbows against the black.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! I've had it FOREVER! I expected it to be dried up when I opened it, but it wasn't!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...