Friday, November 30, 2012

November Nail Art Challenge - Day 10

Alas!  It is the final day of Erica's Nails and More November 10-Day Nail Art Challenge!  It's been so much fun, even though the month of November ended up being wayyyy busier for me than I thought.  But I thoroughly enjoyed the challenge and had a lot of fun seeing what all the other lovely ladies had created for each day's theme as well.  I definitely look forward to more challenges in 2013.  I just won't be able to do any in December, due to the holidays.  But definitely keep an eye out for holiday nail art from me.  I've got a few ideas semi-planned out, that I hope will be able to come to fruition.  And I PROMISE I will post regularly, or as regularly as I can, even though I'm not doing a nail art challenge! :)

On to the nails!  The theme for Day 10 is "Recreate your favorite."  One of my favorite manis of the challenge was Erica's polka dot manicure on Day 2.  She used one of my current favorite polishes: China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy, which was also a selling point that I needed to recreate this mani!


For the alternating polka dots, I used Sally Hansen Hard As Nails White Tip for the white dots, and Maybelline Denim Dash for the blue dots.  On a side note, I can't wait to do a full mani with Denim Dash!  It's a gorgeous dusty blue with lots of silver shimmer.  In a few of the shots, you can actually see a bit of the shimmer in the blue dots.


For some reason, my camera didn't really want to pick up of the true neon goodness of Flip Flop Fantasy.  It came out sort of peachy is most of my pictures.  You will note that in some pictures, like the ones above and below, the brighter neon color is more evident.





In my opinion, I actually had a lot of good shots of this manicure, unlike some of my more recent ones, so there are a lot of pictures.  I think the next one down is my favorite though. :)




Yay!  I have completed my second nail art challenge.  I'm so glad I'm participating in these challenges because it's forcing me to try and learn the techniques that I'm sometimes too scared to try.  Or have failed horribly at and don't want to try again (like water marbling).  Anywho, make sure to check out what everyone else did for today's challenge!

--
Sarah

6 comments:

  1. Nice and bright, great contrast to the bleary winter days :).
    I am nominating you for the Liebster Blogger Award, come check it out on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations On you pretty mani. I have awarded you the Liebster Blog Award. Come to my page for more information.

    http://janetplanetnails.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved all you challenge manis.
    I also nominated you for the Liebster Award! Please check out my blog for further information! http://mittamean83.blogspot.com/p/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...