Tuesday, November 6, 2012

November Nail Art Challenge - Day 2

Yes, I decided to wait until the last minute to do my Day 2 manicure!  But I wanted to do a patriotic themed manicure to encourage everyone to go vote in the election today!  Regardless of your views or who you are voting for - do your civic duty and GO VOTE!  I voted a few weeks ago, via absentee ballot.


I had never done border nails before today.  I wasn't a big fan or border nails when I had seen other folks do them, but then somewhere along the line I saw someone do the border with dots and I was sold!  I had originally planned on using the new suede polishes that I received in this month's Julep Maven box, but since I wanted to do a manicure for Election Day, I decided to wait.


The colors I used for this mani are Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Rapid Red, LA Colors Static Electricity (blue), and LA Colors Energy Source (white).  I just love how quick and easy dotticures are!  It only took me about 25-30 minutes to do both hands.  Dry time is also faster with dots, especially if you don't have to go back a second time over the dots (which I didn't on this mani).


And eww, I'm sorry that my clean up job and cuticles are pretty much horrendous.  I didn't even realize how bad it was until I uploaded the pictures to my computer.  Normally I just use my left hand for pictures, but since I already chipped my left thumb (you can see it in some pictures), I chose to take a picture of my right thumb for the closeup.




Overall, I really like how this mani turned out, it came out a LOT better than I expected it to be.  If it wasn't already chipping, I'd probably wear it another day.  (Does anyone else have problems with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri polishes chipping quickly?  Because I used basecoat and everything and I had already chipped my nails twice before leaving for work this morning.)  Either way, I'm still excited to be participating in Erica's Nails and More's November Nail Art Challenge and loving the spaced out days!

--
Sarah

5 comments:

  1. Nice & patriotic! Good job! I love it! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really like how it turned out :)

      Delete
  2. Love this! I didn't vote, but I'm in Canada! ;) I did polka dot border nails for the Challenge we did in September, I think border nails are so much more interesting with polka dots :) This turned out great!
    And I have never used an Insta-Dri for a mani, but I have bought some to use for stamping (haven't tried them out yet :S ) as I have heard they work well for it. Sorry you had bad luck with them :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous! And super patriotic! And yes, I have the same problem with the Insta-dri :/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...