Friday, November 9, 2012

November Nail Art Challenge - Day 3

Sorry this post will be a short one, if I have time I may update it with additional pictures later this weekend.  Day 3's theme was inspired by a tutorial.  I based my laser mani on Nailside's tutorial, which can be viewed here.  I really liked the idea of having the sparkly silver as the base coat, so I decided to use that in my manicure as well.  I used LA Colors in Live, which was opaque in one coat.


I cut tape into thin strips and applied them to each nail.  I then topped each nail with one coat of Zoya Zuza.  I did each nail individually, and removed the tape slowly.  The placement of the tape strips was better on my right hand then my left. 


I got Zuza in the Zoya Pinterest Trio this summer, and this is actually the first time I've used it.  While in the bottle it looks like a teal-leaning blue, one coat over the silver appears teal, even a little seafoamy.


Overall, I really like this technique and it was quite simple to accomplish.  I look forward to trying this out again and maybe someday with actual striping tape!

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...