Monday, November 12, 2012

November Nail Art Challenge - Day 4

Sorry for the short notice on Day 4 - just squeaking it in on time!  Day 4's theme is Delicate Print.  It was difficult for me to come up with what I wanted to do for this day, since in most challenges I've predominately seen folks use stamping sets for a "delicate print" design.  Also common, is nail stickers.  Neither of these things do I have, lol!  So I decided to improvise and attempt some nail art.


I've seen some cute manicures using stiches, so I decided they could pass as delicate.  I also thought about being "pun-ny" and doing a newspaper nails manicure.  But since I've done one of those, I wanted to try something a little different.  If I was to attempt this mani again, I would try using a toothpick instead of my dotting tool, because I felt the stiches came out thicker than I wanted.


For this mani I used two coats of Spoiled's Let's Get Sushi.  Which is an orange/coral creme.  Unfortunately, application was pretty awful.  The polish was very thick, and it took two coats, just to even out and remove the streaks.  I know most people don't like the brushes on the Spoiled polishes, but I've never had a problem with them.  The application problems were definitely polish related and not due to the brush.


I then taped off half of the nail and used Sally Hansen White Tip to paint on the white.  I then took the small end of my dotting tool to add the little dashes, "stitches," along the divide between the white and coral.




Anyway, on to the next challenge!  Day 5 is half moon mani, which I have also never done before!  I'm really looking forward to it. :)

Also, don't forget to check out my giveaway, which ends next Sunday (11/18).  I want to send out a special thank you to Lacey of Lace and Lacquers, who featured my giveaway on her Manic-ure Giveaways Monday post.

--
Sarah

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...