Wednesday, November 21, 2012

November Nail Art Challenge - Day 7

So...I'm going to have to try to take a few more pictures of this mani later, because I only came up with three that I sorta liked...out of the 20 or so that I took!  My camera also didn't want to focus on the glitter!  So tonight or tomorrow, when there is better light, I will take a few more pictures.

Anywho, today's theme is stripes.  I originally planned on doing a tape manicure, where the lines were horizontal across the nail and then sponge on another...color but it didn't look right when I tried it out last night.  So I decided to pull out my striping polishes and get to it!

 

The polishes I used to create my design were L'Oreal Rainy Piccadilly, and two LA Colors Art Deco striper polishes in Black and Ice Breaker.  I picked up Ice Breaker a few weeks ago at my local dollar store (for a dollar!) because I really wanted a sliver striper polish.  This one is actually a bunch of small and micro silver glitter in a clear base.  Which made it a little bit difficult to draw the stripe!  I also got the L'Oreal on sale at CVS a couple months ago, and I had a dollar off coupon.  This was the first time I had ever used it.


Rainy Piccadilly is a deep cornflower blue, almost navy, but leaning more towards teal than purple.  This picture is the closest to it's true color that I was able to capture.  I used flash on the other two, which illuminated the color more.  The application was not as good with this polish as some of the other L'Oreal's I own.  It was splotchy and wouldn't apply smoothly.



I do really like this manicure though because of how versatile it is.  It looks professional, but is also fun since I used the glitter.  And because I did the nail art only over one third of the nail, when I look down at my nails from above, I don't really see the design, it just looks solid blue.  Which is sort of cool, lol!  Anywho, I hope all my American friends have a great Thanksgiving, and everyone else has a great weekend!  I will also be taking advantage of some Black Friday deals and going shopping!  Hopefully, some of the polishes I've been lusting after will be on sale too!

--
Sarah

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...