Friday, November 23, 2012

November Nail Art Challenge - Day 8

Yay!  We're almost done!  I have enjoyed this nail art challenge a lot more than the last one because I just don't feel as rushed...even though I still wait until the last day to do the mani lol.  I'm slightly worried about the water marble...  I've not had a lot of success when attempting them before, so I'm hoping to get something at least slightly decent for the next post lol.

Day, today is Day 8, which is gradient nails.  Gradients are probably my favorite just because they're easy to do.  I have not yet mastered the technique I like the best for gradients, so I tend to do them differently each time.  Today, I did the gradient by painting the nail a solid base color, then with a second color painting two-thirds of the nail, the half the nail, and then one third of the nail.  I really like how it turned out, and I LOVE these greens!


The greens I used for this gradient were Spoiled I'm So Jaded and Sinful Colors San Francisco.  Both colors had great application and each have shimmer in them!  So gorgeous!


Oddly enough, even though green is my favorite color, I very rarely wear it on my nails.  In fact, this might even be the first green mani I've featured on the blog lol.  I was trying to come up with something different that I hadn't done before for the gradient challenge, since it is a common technique I use.





Anywho, I love this mani and it was super simple and easy to do!  Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

--
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. I really like the dark green at the tips. Really yummy-looking gradient you have here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! Check out my blog for details:

    http://katstayspolished.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-liebster-award-ive-been-nominated.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...