Sunday, November 18, 2012

November Nail Art Challenge - Day 6

Finally!  I didn't do this mani last minute the day of the challenge!  The theme for Day 6 is "Inspired by Someone Else's Nails."  The nails I chose to emulate were BeautyGnome's mani for Artsy Wednesday on November 7.  The theme that day was "creative crackle."  I know most folks don't like the crackle polishes, but I still do!  I just love how unique each nail can be when using crackle polish.


I really liked the idea of color-blocking with the crackle polish so I definitely wanted to try it out myself.  And so here is my recreation of BeautyGnome's crackle mani!


The only thing I would do differently, would be to block off more of the green, to have more of the crackle.  And unfortunately, for some reason, the crackle polish on my ring finger didn't really crackle.  The best nail was definitely my thumb.


This picture is probably one of the more color-true picture of the bunch.  The green I used is Julep Daphne, which I actually had not used before.  But it is a beautiful mossy green creme.  It also had great application, and this is two coats.


The silver crackle I used was Sally Hansen's Crackle Overcoat in Fractured Foil.  I also had trouble during clean up, trying to get the silver crackle off the skin around my nails.




These final two pictures are probably my favorite two of the ones I took.  Overall, I really like how this mani came out and I would like to try the same design using different colors!  I have several colors of crackle, so there could be some pretty cool combos out there!

Also, my giveaway ended at midnight today, and I have already heard back from the winner!  Thank you to everyone who entered the giveaway and thank you for following my blog and Facebook page! Have a great Sunday!

--
Sarah


6 comments:

  1. This is fabulous!! I may have to try crackles out :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! <3 I highly recommend the Sally Hansen crackles, they're also cheaper than some other brands.

      Delete
  2. How awesome! I must try this with black and hot pink ^-^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo that would be an awesome combination!

      Delete
  3. This is great, I am going to have to try this one too! I have Daphne and she is a really beautiful colour :) A lot of Mavens didn't like her when she came in the July(?) box but I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really like Daphne too, I can't believe I waited so long to use her. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...