Sunday, December 30, 2012

Pretty and Polished Heist

Hello!  I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!  Today I'll be bringing you the final Pretty and Polished polish I received in my surprise grab bag I purchased back at the beginning of December.  I have already swatched Scorpion and the Sea and Phoenix.  Today's polish is Heist, a gold flake topcoat - one of this season's hottest trends.


I chose to layer Heist of Sally Hanson Complete Salon Manicure Navy Baby.  Navy Baby is my go-to dark blue.  Such a rich shade!  Each nail has one coat of Heist, with the exception of the ring finger, which has two coats.


I love the subtlty of Heist over blue, as well as on it's own.  I probably wouldn't wear it on it's own, but I would over a nude or a baby pink.  Like the the shade of pink that is typically used in a french manicure.



Unlike most of the other more common gold flake topcoats available this season (i.e. Zoya Gilty, OPI The Man with a Golden Gun, Sephore by OPI It's Real, etc.), Heist contains much finer gold flakies than the commercial polishes.  In the above photo, you can see the much smaller flakes on the nail.


As with Phoenix, while this polish is not one I would have selected for myself, I am glad to have it in my collection, as I have nothing else like it.  It creates a unique finish, that is very fashion forward for the season.





And finally, here are the two polishes used in the swatches: the mini polish of Heist on the left, and Navy Baby on the right.


I hope everyone has enjoyed my swatches of the lovely polishes by Pretty and Polished!  My next post will hopefully feature the lovely polish-related gifts I received for Christmas!  (I asked for polish and boy did I get polish!)  I hope you all have a Happy New Year and I'll see you in 2013!

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...