Saturday, December 15, 2012

Pretty and Polished Scorpion and the Sea

Hello!  So sorry it's been so long since I posted.  Now that the challenge is over, I have been painting my nails more like 1-2 times per week instead of 3-4.  And I just simply have not had the time to blog because of a lot of things going on in my personal life right now.  But, I did swatch all of my Pretty and Polished polishes from my grab bag I bought a few weeks ago!  So I will bring you those in the next few days!


Today, I have Pretty and Polished Scorpion and the Sea to show you!  The P&P description is as follows: "This is a Sea Blue polish filled with red glitters. I once read a quote about Scorpios that rings very true IMO. 'They are like the volcano not far under the surface of a calm sea, it may burst into eruption at any moment.'"  My mom is a Scorpio, but I'm not sure that description fits her, lol.


Here is a macro bottle shot.  Scorpion and the Sea is a teal-leaning blue jelly with blue/silver shimmer and various sizes of red hexes and bar glitter.  It is such a gorgeous polish in the bottle and definitely translates to the nail.


In my pictures, I used three coats for opacity.  You can see a bit of VNL in a few pictures, but for the most part it's not noticeable in person.  Application was a breeze.  I did have to fill in a couple bald spots, but when I added topcoat everything evened out.


Yay for awkward hand angles!  This picture shows the color of the polish really well.  It's such a gorgeous color!  It reminds me of clear, blue tropical waters!


This is my first indie that is build-able.  I'm not sure if that's "official" terminology, but it's what I consider a polish with a colored base that you can build up to opaque.  The other indies I have are all glitters in clear bases, so this was a nice change.  My preferences in glitter polishes have changed in the last few months and indies with colored bases are my current favorites.


I wore Scorpion and the Sea for five days and there was very little tip wear or chips before day four.  So it definitely stands up to some abuse!




I apologize for the swatch spam, but I LOVE this polish!  I am truly in love with Scorpion and the Sea, and my favorite of the three grab bag polishes I received from Pretty and Polished.  I would certainly have picked this one out for myself.  It also subtly reminds me butterLONDON Two Fingered Salute, which is a polish I have been lusting after for awhile.  Two Fingered Salute has copper colored micro-glitter, but the base color looks similar.


Anywho, I look forward to bringing you two more Pretty and Polished polishes in the coming days.  I will leave you with one final bottle shot of Scorpion and the Sea.  Hope ya'll have a great weekend!

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...