Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Hi-Res Milani 3D Holographic

Today, I bring you my first Try It On Tuesday post in several months!  In case you're unfamiliar with Try It On Tuesday (TIOT), it was started by Jill of Jilltastic Nail Design, to motivate us to all swatch the polishes we've been holding onto for awhile.  I'm slowly but surely working my way through the Milani 3D Holographic polishes I own.  I won Digital and Cyberspace in a giveaway a few months ago and have only swatched Digital so far.  That post you can see here.


A few weeks ago when it was announced that the big holiday clearance sale at CVS had started, I went and picked up several polishes.  Two of which, were also from the 3D Holographic collection: HD and the beauty featured in this post, Hi-Res.


I've never been a BIG fan of purple.  I like it well enough, but I'm not necessarily drawn to purples when polish shopping.  I LOVE this purple though!  I also just love holos.  Even though the Milani polishes are the only holos I own, I just love them!


As with Digital, the formula was great!  I did use three coats to achieve this look.  Two coats were probably enough, but I went ahead and added a third since there were bald spots on a few nails.  Not a lot, but enough that I wanted to even it out.


While the Milani holos aren't linear holos, they are scattered holos, which I think I almost like more.  Since I got a stamping set for Christmas, I really want to try stamping with the holo.  I've seen some really pretty manis where stamping with holos was done.  Anyone ever used the 3D holo polishes for stamping?


Hi-Res dried with a matte finish.  I did add Sally Hansen Insta-Dri topcoat over the top to prevent chipping though.  It seemed at first as though the topcoat dulled the holographic shine, but once I got out in the sunshine today, and then used my pretty camera, I think it's just as beautiful.


And look at that gorgeous macro!!!  All that yummy, sparkly, shiny, holo goodness!  Who would've ever thought I'd be able to take such an awesome picture!?!?!




I hope you enjoyed checking out this holo as much as I did wearing it!  Eventually I'll bring you the other two 3D Holographic polishes as well.  And one other thing to note, while  I did take all of these pictures with flash, Hi-Res is equally as beautiful in the shade!  Such a lovely dusty lavender and you can still see a bit of the holo.

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...