Friday, January 18, 2013

OPI Liquid Sand - Get Your Number

Good morning!  Hopefully today will be a great day, and the lead off to a great (long!) weekend!  Last weekend I went to the Ulta closest to me for the first time.  I've been in Ultas before (BNPO - before nail polish obsession), but since this one has only been open since October, this was the first time I had made it there.

I didn't have anything specific in mind that I wanted to pick up, but when I saw the mini four-pack of Liquid Sand polishes from the new Mariah Carey collection by OPI, I knew I couldn't resist.  That and I made my boyfriend feel the nail swatch in the store, and he thought it was cool (which rarely EVER happens), and I was sold!

Today I will be featuring Get Your Number, aka "the blue one."



Application was so-so with this polish, mainly because the brush was wonky.  I meant to take a picture of it, so I will probably add that later.  Basically what happened to the brush was during production (I'm assuming) some of the bristles got caught on the edge and have basically been bent upwards.  I'm hoping that over time they'll lay flat now that I put the cap/brush back in correctly.



Other than that, application was great, very little dabbing required.  I did two coats, and while you can see VNL in this pictures, it wasn't as noticeable in person.  Next time I'll probably do three for full opacity.  Most everyone else who has swatched this has agreed on three coats for opacity.



Get Your Number, was definitely the draw to this collection for me.  I just absolutely love the holo in this polish!  I do still have to try the other three, but I am really looking forward to it! 



As far as the texture of this polish goes, I thought it was quite smooth.  I saw Zoya describe the texture of their Pixie Dust polishes as similar to a nail file, smooth to the touch, but still has a rough texture.  And while I'm probably getting into all kinds of copywright trouble here, but I think that is a great description of the texture on the OPI polishes as well.  It never caught on my hair or clothes.  Unless I specifically touched my nails, you wouldn't even know that they were textured.  And while, yes they did have a matte finish, I don't think they ever screamed, "OMG LOOK HOW CRAZY AND FUNKY THIS NAIL POLISH IS!!!"  It just looked like blue polish with holo glitter in it until you looked closely.  So basically, for all you nay-sayers who are not interested in the textured polishes, try it!  They're not as bad or as weird as they seem!

--
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. I am loving the textured polishes! I just used the black one and love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I can't wait to use the black one - its my second favorite of the collection.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...