Friday, February 1, 2013

February Nail Art Challenge - Day 1

Woohoo!  Today is the first day of the February Nail Art Challenge hosted by Erica's Nails and More!  I'm so excited to start my third nail art challenge hosted by Erica!  This month's challenge will be a nine day challenge, instead of the usual ten, since February is a short month.  To see the list of challenges, check out my post from a few weeks ago about the challenge, here

Today's challenge was galaxy nails.  I have attempted galaxy nails once before, which was for the first nail art challenge I participated in - Erica's 10 day challenge back in September 2012.  You can check out my manis from that challenge, including the galaxy nails, in my challenge recap post.  And let me just say, these galaxy nails are MUCH improved over the ones I did six months ago.


First, since I used a ton of polishes for this mani, I will go ahead and list them here:

LA Colors Circuits (black)
ELF Blue Glitter (2F01AS)
LA Colors Energy Source (white)
LA Colors Sea Foam (teal)
Sephora by OPI What Aura Gonna Wear (pink)
Sally Hansen Limestone (green)
LA Colors Static Electricity (blue)
LA Colors Art Deco Teal Glitter
Spoiled Shaken Snow Globe

I know - it's a lot!


So, I started out dabbing white in a small amount of space on each nail - I also tried to vary the location on each nail.  Then, I dabbed the teal around the white, and on some nails I added an extra bit of color using green and blue (just so they all didn't look the same!).  I then followed up with the pink, sponging on a small amount on each of the nails.  I then swiped a bit of teal glitter on each nail, and topped the whole thing off Spoiled Shaken Snow Globe, an iridescent glitter topcoat.  And of course finished it off with topcoat.


The only tools I used for this was a cosmetic sponge, and a plate, where I put the polish to sponge off.



I love how it turned out - it really looks like awesome nebulas!  I was obsessed with nebulas in high school...I wanted to be an astronomer for a while.  But my thumb is my favorite nail!  I just love the color gradient across the whole thing!



So here is day one!  I've definitely seen better galaxy manis before, but for only my second attempt I certainly impressed myself. :)  I hope you all enjoyed looking at my galaxy mani and are looking forward to the next challenge - half moons!  I'm not a big fan of half moons on myself, so we'll see how it goes. :)

--
Sarah

Be sure to check out what everyone else did:

12 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! Just so you know though, your linkup didn't work. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the heads up! I don't know what happened with the link...hopefully the new link works...

      Delete
  3. And then there was polish is correct please check your link up. I had to come searching to see your gorgeous nails. Totally worth it by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I don't know what happened with the link...hopefully it's fixed now.

      Glad you sought me out :)

      Delete
  4. It worked, thanks for fixing it Sarah :D
    These are gorgeous! I love your colour combos!!
    I loved anything space related in high school too :) I was always sad when they didn't put much focus on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D I'm just glad I saw your email last night before it closed!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...