Tuesday, February 5, 2013

February Nail Art Challenge - Day 2

Today I bring you Day 2 of Erica's Nails and More February Nail Art challenge!  Today's theme is half moon mani.  I did my first half moon mani during the November nail art challenge.  I wasn't completely impressed or pleased with how that mani came out, so I decided to do something non-traditional this time.


For this mani, I used one of my untrieds I got for Christmas, China Glaze Magical.  Magical was opaque in two coats.  I then taped off the triangle at the base of each nail and colored it in with an LA Colors Art Deco striper polish in Baby Pink.  Then, while the polish was still wet I pulled off the tape.  

 



Magical is a unique color.  It's a light brown metallic, which is really subtle and almost like a nude.  I then decided to use some of the fimo Erica sent me after the last challenge to add to the mani.  I'm still not sure how I feel about the fimo...I'll have to try it again at some point.




Overall, I like how this mani turned out, pre-fimo flowers.  I like the look of the flowers, but I think they took away from the overall design of the half moon mani.  I also like the color combination between the metallic nude and the pink creme.  I could see a braided/fishtail mani using these colors and maybe another pink or brown.  The next challenge is glitter-loaded mani, which should be pretty fun!

--
Sarah

5 comments:

  1. Love what you did with this! And I think the flowers are very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is super cute Sarah! I love that you added the fimos, they really add this to the design :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erica! :D I was trying to pick out colors that would go with the fimo in case I decided to add them. :)

      Delete
  3. I love the triangle shape for the half moons, although I've never tried it. These look so good though I'm going to have to give it a go myself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've actually found the triangle-shaped half moons easier than the traditional. I had a really hard time trying to use hole reinforcement stickers the first time I tried half moons, so I decided to use tape to make the triangles. You should definitely try it out! (and share on my FB page!) :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...