Tuesday, February 12, 2013

February Nail Art Challenge - Day 4

Today is Day 4 of Erica's Nails and More February Nail Art Challenge!  Today's theme was "inspired by a pattern."  Boy, did it take my forever to find some inspiration!  Part of my problem was I kept finding AMAZING patterns, but either they wouldn't translate well to the nail or would be crazy difficult.  I had finally settled on a blue/grey/white striped shirt I own...and then that didn't work out well.  So while sitting at the dining room table feeling discouraged, I glance at my makeup bag, and immediately I know that is the pattern I'm going to do!


Here is my makeup bag.  I actually have many, but this is the one that holds my daily essentials.  And yes, I keep it in the dining room because that's where the lighting is best in my apartment.  Yes, pathetic I know.


For this mani, I started by taping off half of my nail and painting it with Pure Ice Jamaica Me Crazy.  I then freehanded the yellow and green on the other half of the nail.  The colors I used were NYC Taxi Yellow and Finger Paints Go Van Gogh!  Both of those were untrieds for me.  I've had Taxi Yellow for awhile, but because I'm not fond of yellow I've never used it.  And my brother's girlfriend (my other sister in law then the one I usually talk about) got me Go Van Gogh! for Christmas.  After everything had dried, I then added the white polka dots using Sally Hansen Hard as Nails White Tip.




Jamaica Me Crazy is actually a really pretty dark pink with pink and purple shimmer in it, as you can see in the macro shot.  Taxi Yellow also has silver shimmer that I certainly didn't know was there before applying it to the nail!  And Go Van Gogh! may definitely end up being my St. Patty's Day mani.



And, here are the colors I used!  I LOVE that Finger Paints polish, which is my first.  I'm probably going to have to invest in more of them!  The formula was fabulous!  Anywho, the next challenge is Valentine's Day!  I'm pretty excited for this one since I've never done a V-day mani before, and have seen so many great ideas come across the blogosphere in the last two weeks!

--
Sarah

4 comments:

  1. This is so adorable! The colors work great together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I love your makeup bag! It's so much fun, and it looks great on the nail as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was pretty pleased with how it came out. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...