Thursday, February 14, 2013

February Nail Art Challenge - Day 5

Happy Valentine's Day!!!  Thank you to everyone that reads this blog and shares the joy of polish with me!  On a quick side note, I woke up this morning to find my boyfriend had gotten me flowers, chocolate, and NAIL POLISH!!!  As much as he complains, he sure likes to fuel the addiction. ;)  He got me four Ulta brand polishes, one of the new China Glaze Glitz 'N Pieces polishes, and Zoya Storm (YAY!!!).  I'll do a post or a picture on Facebook with the names, eventually.

Anywho, today is Day 5 of the February Nail Art Challenge!  We've made it over halfway!  Today's theme was appropriately, Valentine's Day Nails.  So even though I knew I'd be wearing red today (I don't have much pink), I wanted to do pink nails.  I had seen somewhere (I don't remember what blog/FB page), where a holiday red and white glitter polish was used over pink to make a cute V-day mani, and I knew I had to try it!


I do feel a bit like I'm cheating since there isn't a whole lot of nail art involved in this one, but hey, I did have to fish the hearts out of another polish and scrape the excess microglitter off!  The polishes I used to create this mani are L'Oreal I Pink I'm in Love, LynBDesigns Snowball Fight, and then I fished the hearts of out of LynBDesigns' Reindeer Games. I recently won a giveaway from Naked Without Polish and received minis of most (if not all) of LynBDesigns' holiday collection.  I've now used three, if you count Reindeer Games. :)


So, I started with three coats of I Pink I'm in Love (such a fitting name for Valentine's Day too).  I had forgotten how sheer this polish was, but luckily it builds up quickly.  As I've always experienced with L'Oreal polishes, the formula was great!  I used it for one of my Go Pink Wednesday manis, back in October. I then did two coats of Snowball Fight.  The first with the traditional application method, and the second, dabbing on the glitter.





I wanted to do an accent nail, and at first thought about free-handing a heart.  But then I realized that Reindeer Games had red hearts in it, so I tried to fish them out.  Which, surprisingly, wasn't too hard.  Reindeer Games is actually a really fun glitter topper, which I can't wait to use on it's own.  It has lots of holo microglitter!  Which, was hard to get off the hearts...hence the little glitter you can see around the heart on the right.  You can also see where the toothpick I was using to apply/scrape glitter off the hearts scratched the red off of the hearts too.



Overall, I'm quite pleased with how this turned out.  I really like it and have received lots of compliments on it.  I'm usually not too super big on bold glitter toppers for work, but I love how this looks.  So I may have to break out of my shell and wear them more often!  Anywho, I look forward to everyone's Valentine's Day manis, and I hope you have a great day with you loved one, family, or just your nail polish! :)

--
Sarah

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...