Friday, February 15, 2013

February Nail Art Challenge - Day 6

And we're on to Day 6!  Today's theme is gradient for the February Nail Art Challenge.  I didn't think about the fact that I had just done a pink mani, when I picked out the colors for this one, lol.  Oh well.  I have four of the six Milani 3D Holographic polishes (only missing green and gold).  The silver one, HD, is actually an untried for me, though I've used Digital before, in this Go Pink Wednesday mani.


In my mind, I thought it would be really cool looking to have a holo gradient mani, so I set out to try this.  And luckily it turned out amazing!  I started with a base of HD (silver), I believe I did two coats.  I then started sponging on Digital, working my way up the nail.  Then, to add a bit more contrast, I dabbed a bit more HD at the top of the nail to even out the gradient.  I was worried that due to the sponging technique, none of the holo goodness would show through, but I'm glad I was wrong!  It was especially gorgeous once I added topcoat (as is seen in these pictures).






I LOVE these Milani holographic polishes.  I would like to see someone try a gradient with the Halo Hues polishes, since they are a linear holo.  Ooo, could you imagine a blue gradient using the light blue from the 2012 collection, and the darker blue from the 2013 collection?!?  (Sorry I don't remember the names, and am too lazy to look them up!)  Anywho, I'm quite satisfied with the way this turned out and it might possibly be my favorite mani of the challenge, so far.

--
Sarah

4 comments:

  1. I wouldn't be able to keep my eyes off this if it graced my nails. LOVE. So gorgeous and sparkly and HOLO-Y.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The holo effect with the gradient is gorgeous! I'm waiting for the Halo Hues collection and I will be all over painting a gradient set as soon as they arrive now! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sam! Ooo when you get the Halo Hues collection in, I would LOVE to see that gradient! :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...