Sunday, March 31, 2013

ABC Challenge - Week 1

Happy Easter!

Today starts the first week of the ABC Nail Art Challenge hosted by Erica's Nails and More.  Each week you are to use either a polish name, brand name, or nail art style using the designated letter.  And nail art is strongly encouraged each week!


And as you would expect, the first week is the letter A!  I have slowly but surely started working on stash list so that I could start planning ahead for this challenge.  Fortunately, I did have a few A-named polishes in the ones I have gone through so far.


This is Attract, one of the LA Girls Magnetic polishes.  My boyfriend found this beauty in the clearance bin at Dollar General.  Attract is a beautiful plum purple, and when the magnet is added, black shows up due to the magnetic particles.


Here is the shape of the magnet, another design I don't have!  This is definitely my new favorite of the three magnet designs I have between the LA Girls and Sinful Color magnetic polishes I have.  I have previously reviewed another LA Girls magnetic polish, Magnetized, here.  I also have two Sinful Colors magnetic polishes, but so far only one, Polar Opposites, has made it on the blog.


And in case you had any doubts, here is the proof that this polish is named Attract!  The only part I struggled with was figuring out what direction the design on the magnet was!  That's why each nails has the design in a different direction.



The design on my nubby right-hand thumb I thought was one of the best of all of the nails.  It wasn't centered on the nail, but I thought it looked really cool and produced a very different effect than any other magnetic polish I've tried.



I am thoroughly impressed with wear time of this polish as well.  Four days and only minor tip wear!  I didn't have any chips until day five.  I did put a layer of topcoat over this polish.

If you are interested in joining this challenge, please do!  You don't have to participate every week, just when you have time.  Just make sure you post your picture to Erica's Facebook page.  Oh, and you don't have to have a blog - anyone can participate!  I hope you stick around for as many of the 26 weeks as I can manage!

--
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I want to use my Julep magnetic polish now :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...