Wednesday, April 24, 2013

ABC Challenge - Week 4

This week D is for Dotticure and Denim Dash!  Obviously, a nail art design for the letter D is pretty simple, especially since dotticures are my favorite nail art technique - because they're easy!  For this mani, I started with a base of Denim Dash from the Maybelline Color Show line. Denim Dash is quite unique as it is a dusty blue full of silver shimmer that dries matte!


I actually did this manicure in a two night process.  I painted my nails with Denim Dash one night and did the dotticure the next night.  However, because I didn't want to have to repaint my nails the next night, I put topcoat over Denim Dash to preserve it.  Though I instantly wished I hadn't as soon as I put it on!  Here is what the mani looked like post-dotticure, but before I put matte topcoat over the whole thing to make it matte again.


 Definitely not as pretty in my opinion!  And the topcoat killed the silver shimmer, even though you can see it in this picture.  I also, apparently, only took a macro shot of my thumbnail before I added the matte topcoat.


You can definitely see the silver shimmer in the macro shot.  Denim Dash is definitely a gorgeous polish that I will definitely be wearing on its own at some point!


The colors I used for the dots are Zoya Robyn and Sally Hansen Pumping Iron.  I LOVE how my dots turned out!  This is the first time I've really been successful with doing the dots down the side of the nail.  And you can see that I did the dots on the opposite side of the nail on thumb.  This is because I had a ding in my nail and decided to do a dot over it. ;)




Overall, I LOVE how this mani turned out!  Definitely a favorite and it was fun, but not super bold, which is always good for work!  I know I missed the letter C last week, but I will likely be going back and doing that letter, just because I want to do all 26 letters.  I already know what I'm going to do, I just didn't have time to do my nails last week - yes, I had naked nails for almost half of the week.  Anywho, bare with me as I rarely have time to update Facebook or the blog over the next few weeks as I am currently focusing on job hunting!  Wish me luck!

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...