Tuesday, April 23, 2013

First Attempt at Stamping

Hello!  I know I've been away from the blog and Facebook a lot lately, but right now is one of those times where the personal life just has to come before blogging!  Not to fret, I am still painting my nails, I just barely have time to take pictures and blog.

Today I bring you my first attempt at stamping.  I showed a sneak peak of this mani on Facebook back in March, and yes, I am just getting around to posting it now.  For this mani, I started out with a base of Ulta Tutu Cute, a dusty purple, and then stamped with Sally Hansen Pumping Iron.



I am so ridiculously proud of how this came out for my first attempt at stamping.  It was a lot harder than I expected, but with practice, I know I'll get better.  Hopefully sometime soon I'll incorporate stamping into one of my ABC challenge manis.


I have the Salon Express stamping kit (a steal at Ross for only $6!).  The design I chose was a flower shape, but everyone who commented on my nails thought it was a bicycle wheel.  Oh well, at least they noticed!


Surprisingly, I only had to redo three or four nails out of all ten nails between both hands.  Pretty good for a first timer! The thumb was definitely my favorite as it is centered on the nail, and the whole design actually fit on my nail.  It was a super pain in the butt to do my ring and pinky fingers since the nails are so curved compared to the others, but I managed.





Yes, this is definitely a photo spam kind of post. ;)  But that's ok, I was super excited with how this turned out.  And the stamping was subtle, so in case I made any severe boo-boos they weren't noticeable.  But I mean, check out the macro below!  So glossy and shiny!  And centered!!



Overall, this was a really fun mani and I am certainly looking forward to stamping again.  Just writing up this post is inspiring me to go stamp again!  Maybe the letter "E" will involve stamping, we shall see!  Sidenote: Uh-oh, hope I have a letter E named polish!  Or I might have to come up with some creative nail art for this one! Make sure to check back later this week for the letter D.  I'm wearing that mani now, and I LOVE it. :)

--
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Great job, I like that stamp but can never get it to work fully. Much better than my first stamping attempt haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)

      While it was frustrating to do, I didn't have quite as many problems as I expected to.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...