Friday, May 10, 2013

ABC Challenge - Week 6

Believe it or not, I have never had a traditional french manicure - ever.  I have never had my nails professionally done, nor have I tried to do a french manicure myself.  I did do a funky french for a nail challenge back in September, which can be found in my Florida Gator Manis 2012 tab, as well as on my butterfly manicure during the February nail art challenge.  But I've never done a traditional french.


 For Christmas I got a large Color Workshop polish set, and in it were french tip nail guides and the perfect french manicure colors.  Ever since I've been wanting to do a french mani.  I started with four coats of the unnamed nude pink.  This was just to try and cover some of the stains on my nails.  I then tried to attach the nail guides...but they had lost all of their adhesive and did not stick to my nails.  I was so disappointed!  So instead I decided to freehand on the tips.


And, surprisingly, I think they came out pretty well!  I did two coats of the unnamed white polish from the Color Workshop set, and then touched up with a white Milani striper polish, White Canvas.  They're not perfect (and I messed up the pinky nail before I added topcoat), but I'm impressed with how they came out.




I had planned on adding some nail art to these nails, using these as my inspiration manis as my inspiration: Mani 1 and Mani 2.  And I plan on re-doing these nails at some point so that I can add some fun nail art.  I just haven't had the time this week and they're starting to look pretty rough at day four.  Any who, so F this week is for French Manicure.  Next week is G, and I'm pretty sure I have a polish with a name that starts with the letter G!  Hope everyone has a great weekend and Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there, including my own!

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...