Friday, May 17, 2013

ABC Challenge - Week 7

This week I'm bringing you several untrieds along with the ABC Challenge!  The nail art technique I used for this mani was a glitter gradient (my first G!), was also an untried technique for me.  I did actually have inspiration for this mani. This picture I saw on Facebook earlier in the week.  While I don't have Razzle Me Dazzle Me, I do have Glitz 'N Pieces, and I did a gradient.  The colors were more so the inspiration for me. :)



Both polishes used in this mani were untrieds.  I started with a base of Sephora by OPI polish Break a Leg Warmer! (and no, I'm not that excited, there really is an exclaimation point in the name).  Break a Leg Warmer! is a great dusty gray polish that was perfect with two coats.  The formula was great, and almost could have been a one-coater, but was spotty in a few places.


I then did approximately two coats of Glitz 'N Pieces, from the China Glaze Bitz 'N Pieces collection, on the top half of each nail.  I tried to drag the smaller glitter pieces further down the nail and it worked on some nails.  A good example is my ring finger nail (on the right in the below picture) - it's one of my favorite nails out of both hands, lol.  Glitz 'N Pieces was awesome, purely because of the sheer amount of glitter in that polish, it's ridiculous!  To finish it off I used two thick coats of topcoat to smooth out the surface.


I wore this mani for two days, with almost no chips! I probably could've worn it longer, but I was without topcoat at work it started to peel up off one nail and by the end of the day I couldn't take it catching on EVERYTHING any more, so I just peeled it off.  But I got tons of compliments while wearing this mani, purely because of the amount of sparkle!  It was so eye-catching.  I even got a compliment after I had peeled the polish off the one nail, lol!





As I mentioned, both of these polishes were untrieds.  I got Break a Leg Warmer! in the Sephora by OPI mini collection that my brother got me for Christmas this past year and my boyfriend got my Glitz 'N Pieces for my birthday earlier this year.  I had been dying to use it for awhile, but just couldn't figure out what color to layer it over.


Anywho, so my G's this week are glitter gradient and Glitz 'N Pieces.  Onto the letter H!  Fortunately I know that I have a polish (also untried) that starts with the letter H, so now I just have to figure out nail art to do with it!  Again, I'm super impressed with how this mani came out, and I'm so glad I finally attempted my first glitter gradient!  I love that this challenge has really made me think outside the box and attempt nail art techniques I haven't tried before. :)

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...