Wednesday, May 29, 2013

ABC Challenge - Week 9

So this week, I took the easy way out and didn't do any nail art...  I'm sorry, I'm in love with this color and couldn't bring myself to cover it up!  I just wish my pictures did this polish justice...

This week is the letter "I," so I is for Julep Ivy.  Ivy is a GORGEOUS royal blue to purple shifting duochrome.


Ivy is another untried for me - I'm slowly but surely working through my untrieds doing this challenge!  I received Ivy in my December Julep Maven box.  I don't think I've used any of the three polishes from that box yet...until Ivy anyway.  Probably why I've skipped every Maven box since then (though I did sort of want June, but that was mostly for the DD creme lol).


I just did a quick Google search and apparently no one can capture the duochrome of this polish, so now I don't feel bad!  I even went outside to take pictures!  I typically do my nails at night, so its generally dark out when I take pictures of my nails.  But I made of a point of trying to get sunlight pictures, but still, no success!


These first three pictures were taken in direct sunlight.  The next one was taken in the shade, outside.  You can slightly see the duochrome in the curve of my nails, but still not really.  It's really apparent indoors, in indirect light (i.e. in the shadows - it's weird).



The above picture is the only one taken indoors with flash.  This was when I realized that I needed to try out a few different light sources to try and show this polish truer to color.


I LOVE how sparkly Ivy is.  Shimmery, sparkly goodness!  And blue - selling points in my books.  I don't know why it took me so long to wear.  This was three coats of Ivy.  You definitely wonder when you start if its going to take 100 coats its so thin, but luckily it builds up quickly, and with beautiful results.

So this past Sunday, May 26, was my one-year blogiversary!  Thank you to everyone who has stuck with me this past year and supported me along the way!  I look forward to continuing on this polish journey!

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...