Thursday, June 13, 2013

ABC Challenge - Week 11

Ok, first off, I want to sincerely apologize for the massive amount of photo spam you're about to sit through, lol.  I took over 80 pictures of this mani (yes, you can pick your jaw up off the floor now), but was able to narrow it down to 11 pictures.  I was trying to capture all the beauty in this mani, which was so difficult!

The week K is for Zoya Kimber.  For this mani, I used two coats of Zoya Kimber for the base.  I received Kimber last year during Zoya's Pinterest Trio promotion.  I also received Zuza and Myrta.  I love Zoya.  It's definitely one of my favorite brands, even though I don't own many.


As you can see by the fill line, Kimber has been well loved since I got her a year ago.  Kimber is such a gorgeous an unique color!  Kimber is a bright magenta pink with gold shimmer that really glows in the sunlight.  I decided to enhance and bring out the gold shimmer by adding a gold flakie.  I did one coat of Pretty and Polished Heist over each nail.  This added so much dimension and more gold shimmer to each nail.


And, because I've been trying to do more nail art each week, I decided to pay homage to one of my favorite bloggers, Polish All the Nails, and do individual glitter placement for an accent nail.  And while it certainly isn't anything up to par with some of her extravagant designs (I honestly don't think I'd have the patience to do an entire mani), I love how it turned out.  I decided to keep with my gold them and picked out my Sephora by OPI Only Good For Me Polish, and picked out the gold hexes and applied them to the nail.


I know I did not do it the most effective way.  Polish all the Nails always recommends to put a coat of slow drying topcoat over the nail you're going to stick the glitter to, but since I didn't decide that was what I was going to do until I started doing it, I didn't topcoat it first.  But fortunately, I've learned to not be a perfectionist when it comes to my nails, or I would hate everything I did.  So I don't care that my lines aren't straight!  IT'S PRETTY AND THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS.




The above picture, is pretty color accurate.  I just took ten million pictures to try and capture all the shimmer in this mani.  You can really see the shimmer and flakies in the macro shots below...even on the glittery nail!




And finally, I conclude with my favorite shot of the bunch.  I need to remember this hand pose because I REALLY like it!  And I don't even remember doing it!  Oh well...but this was a super bright and fun summer mani that I've worn all week.  And the tip wear is only starting to be noticeable today (day four!).  I love Kimber so much...I really don't want to take her off.  But luckily, I really like my "L" polish, and it's another Zoya, so I'm looking forward to sharing that beauty as well. :)

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...