Tuesday, July 16, 2013

ABC Challenge - Week 16

I finally have nail art to show you today!  This week the letter "P" is for Mentality Proper!  Proper is from Mentality "Stampers" collection.  These polishes are described as "A collection of heavily pigmented polishes, designed for stamping." Because I struggle with stamping, and only have a white Konad stamping polish (which I used in Week 12's mani),  I wanted to add a polish to my collection that could help me improve my stamping.  Or at least work well enough that I didn't get frustrated!

For this mani, I started with two coats of Kleancolor Salsa for my base, then added the flowery design from the Salon Express stamping plate SE21 using Proper.  I really wish I had more full-nail design plates.  Though I suppose it was helpful not to with this mani, because if it didn't completely transfer the first time I just used what was left on the stamper to stamp somewhere else on the nail.


My inspiration for this mani actually came from a mani that Mentality shared on their Facebook page, which can be viewed here.  Due to my surgery, I had not had a chance to use any of my Mentality polishes, so I had been scoping out inspiration to use the polishes once I could polish my nails again.


Salsa is an amazing polish, let me just start there.  In natural (non-direct) light it looks like a shiny metallic nude.  But as soon as you step into the sunlight (or use flash, as I did in my pictures), it lights up pink with strong gold shine.  I definitely consider this polish a duochrome with as strong as the pink-gold transition is on the nail.  This is certainly a polish that does not disappoint; it looks just as awesome on the nail as it does in the bottle.  I picked Salsa up for $0.01 last summer on Copious.


I picked up Proper, along with Brute and the Holo Topcoat during Mentality's 20% sale back in early June.  I can't wait to use Proper as a full manicure!  It's such a gorgeous color.  I haven't used either of the other colors yet either, but I am really looking forward to it!  Be sure to check out Mentality's store.  They constantly keep their polishes stocked and are always releasing new colors!




Here are my two natural-light/shade shots.  This is mostly what the mani looks like about 90% of the time.  But still gorgeous!  It's plain enough to pass as nude, but still incorporating nail art and a fun polish!




Gorgeous macro!  I love this combination.  Proper is so awesome and holographic.  You can see in some of the flash pictures how much the holo really shines through.


Overall, I am loving this mani, and not looking forward to having to take it off!  Next week is going to be the first REALLY hard letter - "Q."  I do have a couple ideas...but I think they will involve a lot of practicing, so we will see.  Hope everyone has a good rest of their week!

--
Sarah

4 comments:

  1. Great job! I am a new stamper who picked up several during the sale as well. If you haven't tried it yet most regular chrome/metallic will stamp well. Im current wearing a mani stamped with the Color Club Molten Metals Collection that worked beautifully. Wishing you a speedy recovery from surgery :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :) I'll be starting physical therapy this week, so hopefully I'll be back to my regular self soon!

    Thank you for the advice! I have only stamped with a metallic once before, so I will definitely have to keep that in mind. Do you have a preference about stamping plates? I really would like to get more.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...