Tuesday, July 9, 2013

I'm Baaack!!

Did you miss me?  I certainly missed everyone.  About three weeks ago, I had minor surgery on my left wrist and was in a cast for 10 days.  I'm now in a removable brace, but I'm still pretty stiff.  I look forward to having my full range of motion back!

So my Fourth of July mani was the first time I had painted my nails in over two weeks.  Literally, my mani for Week 12 of the ABC Challenge, was the last thing on my nails until this mani.  So the blog is almost in real time!  Since my sister in law is going off to college in the fall, I decided I needed to start using some of her polishes before I can't anymore!  So, for this mani I used China Glaze Ruby Slippers and Dorothy Who for the accent nail.  In hindsight, I wish I had painted the thumb blue too.  Oh well, next time!


Each nail was two coats of its respective color.  I am in LOVE with Ruby Slippers and need to come up with a good reason to use it again before its taken away forever. ;)  The formula on Ruby Slippers was great, and a little thick for Dorothy Who, but not completely unbearable.


I had thought of adding either a silver glitter tip, or using a silver striper polish to do a line down the right side of each nail, but I knew I wouldn't be able to do it on my right hand, due to my left wrist's lack of mobility.  I have since gained more flexibility back (I can put my hair in a ponytail and put on deoderant all on my own now!), I could probably do it. 


Red glittery gorgeousness!

I love how glassy both polishes are, especially after topcoat.  I noticed both were a little topcoat thirsty, so two coats gave it a great shine.  Dorothy Who is super sparkly on its own, and once you get in the sun, Ruby Slippers lights up too.  I hope everyone had a great Fourth of July holiday weekend!

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...