Saturday, July 27, 2013

Zoya Aurora

Let me just start with saying, this post has been sitting in my queue for a while.  What with packing and moving, I haven't had the time to keep up with the ABC Challenge, blogging, or even painting my nails.  Yes, the mani I posted back on July 16th, was seriously the last time I painted my nails.  I have been wanting to paint my nails, but simply haven't had the time.  We super procrastinated packing, and did all of it in about a week.

I plan on starting to paint my nails at some point later this week once we're done with the major unpacking and settling in.  But the other reason I haven't posted this mani, was because I couldn't remember the name of the Pure Ice polish I used as undies.  And would never think to go look, until I would sit down and blog.

But finally, without further ado, I present Zoya Aurora!  Aurora is officially in my Top 5 favorite polishes I own.  Not that I know what those five are necessarily, but I am in love!


I mean, look at that amazing holo goodness!  Just gorgeous!  I do think from using Pure Ice No Means No as undies, lended a brighter violet hue to Aurora than it generally has, compared to what I've seen in other folks' swatches.  I simply did not want to waste a bunch of polish having to build it up, so I decided to layer it.


The wear-time on this mani was also quite long.  If I remember correctly, I took these pictures after either day 2 or 3.  And anytime I can get three days out of a mani, I'm sold!



I started with two coats of Pure Ice No Means No, followed by one coat of Aurora.  The formula on both polishes was great, but as with every other Zoya I have tried, the formula on Aurora was AMAZING.  I can't wait to use this polish again.  I will use it again soon since I'm blogging about it. :)





Sorry that this post is so picture heavy, but I couldn't stand to cut down the number of pictures any more than I already had.  I had to include the above to shots, in focus and out of focus to really show you how truely holographic Aurora really is.  I think I really may be a bigger fan of a scattered holo, more so than a linear holo.  Not that I have ever had the opportunity to try any linears.  I do still really love the Color Club Halo Hues polishes...maybe someday I will get a few.



In these final two pictures, you can really see the color shift that No Means No created in Aurora.  The top one looks much more blue-leaning, and the bottom red-leaning.  Anywho, I should mostly be back up and running in the next few weeks.  We are house sitting for a few weeks in August, but I'm hoping to get back on a polishing and blogging schedule here shortly.  Thanks for continuing to bear with me!

--
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. I am definitely a scattered holo girl too! When I used Aurora, it only took 2 coats of it to be opaque for me :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...