Wednesday, August 28, 2013

ABC Challenge - Week 22

Yay!  I have finally made it back to the ABC Challenge!  I'm hoping to be able to finish off the challenge now, without missing any weeks, and then I will go back and do the weeks I missed.  This week is the letter V!  Luckily, I knew I had a few polishes that started with the letter V, so I didn't have to scramble.


This week's mani started with a base of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Virtual Violet, then I used striping tape and Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Navy Baby to create the laser design on top.  Here is a swatch of Virtual Violet on its own:


I apologize for the bubbles and the tip wear!  This was after I had worn Virtual Violet on its own for a day.  And yes, I am currently rocking the super nubbins...but I am trying to grow them out!


I purchased striping tape at Walmart (I believe the Fingr's brand) a few weeks ago and had been itching to try it!  I  have never used striping tape before, and while it was sort of messy (I couldn't find my old tweezers to assist with the tape removal process), it was definitely a lot easier than I thought it would be.  And I only messed up one nail, which was conveniently on my right hand. :)





My inspiration for this mani, I actually shared on Facebook not that long ago, which you can see here.  Obviously, I changed the colors and chose against adding the glitter, but I really liked the design.


Overall, I really like how this mani came out, and am looking forward to trying this out with other color combinations!  I apologize for the not great clean up, it looks a little rough close up, but looked great from afar!  Oh, and I forgot to mention - Virtual Violet is also an untried for me!

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...