Saturday, September 14, 2013

ABC Challenge - Week 24

Hello!  Yes, almost too late this week for the letter X!  I wasn't able to paint my nails at all this week until today, even though I had my X manicure all planned out.  This was my first attempt at a "skittlette" mani.  However, as soon as I finished it, I realized I didn't quite do it right.  I still like how this mani came out - exactly as I planned - which doesn't happen very often.


For the base, I started with three coats of Sally Hansen Salon Perfect Shrimply Devine.  I needed a third coat due to streaking and slight balding in some spots.  I'm sure you can still see imperfections in the coats.  The formula wasn't horrible, but it wasn't fantastic either.  I then used Konad Special White to stamp on the "XOXO" stamp (the X portion of my mani) on my middle and ring fingers.  I then topped the pinky nail with one coat of Maybelline Color Show Clearly Spotted, from the new Polka Dots line.




Here are the instructions I loosely followed for how to do a skittlette mani, from ChitChatNails.  My failing with this mani was the fact that I forgot to use a second base color.  I had originally planned on stamping with a red polish, but then decided that the white tied in the white glitter in Clearly Spotted.  It wasn't until I was done that I realized I should have probably used a different color for my index and thumb - perhaps black or white.  If I had done the red stamping, I could have added the red polish in elsewhere or used a different glitter.  Oh well - it's all about learning and I can try again next time.


I am now inspired to try more skittlette manis.  So look for more of them in the future.  It was actually a lot of fun seeing a mani come together exactly how I envisioned it - it doesn't happen very often!  I can't believe we only have two more weeks of the ABC Challenge!  I already know what polishes I'll be using for the last two weeks, I just have to decide on what nail art to do.  Hope everyone has a good rest of their weekend!

--
Sarah

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...