Thursday, September 26, 2013

ABC Challenge - Week 26

This is my 100th post!  I can't believe how far I've come in the roughly year and a half that I've been blogging - it's amazing!  Thank you to everyone who has been here from the beginning and those who have joined me along the way - I truly appreciate every single one of you!

Today also marks the end of the ABC Challenge!  I've had a great time doing it this year - I only wish I could've completed all the challenges on time!  But I do plan on going back and doing all the letters I missed - starting next week.  My goal is to "officially" finish the challenge by the end of the year.  I definitely think that's possible!


This week I did a saran wrap mani, with a sandwich baggy.  I've found it's harder to ball up a piece of sandwich bag than a piece of saran wrap, so my mani looked more like a splatter mani.  But hey, I've never been successful with the whole straw-splatter mani thing, so I'll take it! (and yes, my hand is super over-exposed in the picture, but it was the only way I could really get the colors to pop like they did in real life).


Since this week is the letter Z, I decided to use a bunch of Zoyas!  I started with two coats of Zuza for my base.  I then "sponged" on Myrta and Kimber.  All three of these polishes were from the Pinterest Trio of June 2012.  And I LOVE these colors.  They are probably my favorite Zoyas...but then again I don't have a Zoya I don't like. :)


This week I have two macro images!  The top one, the thumb nail was my favorite of all five nails.  Below, is my middle fingernail, which was my boyfriend's favorite (which, unfortunately came out blurry).  I also had a male co-worker comment on this mani!  He thought it was camo, which I guess I could see from a distance.



Here is the mani in natural light.  I took these pictures at work this week (I am the unofficial photographer for my office, and someone needed a new picture taken for the website.), so I was able to play around with the lighting a little bit more.  Overall, I'm not completed satisfied with my execution of this mani, but I do like how it turned out.  And I liked the "abstract-ness" of it.  Most of my nail art tends to be a little more uniform, so this was definitely a fun mani.

Thanks to Erica for hosting the challenge and all the ladies who participated!

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...