Friday, September 27, 2013

Florida Gator Nails - Week 3

Hello!  Today I'm bringing you the orange and blue nails I rocked last weekend for the Gator game!  Last week we played Tennessee, so obviously I didn't want to incorporate TOO much orange in my mani.  We did win the game, 31-17, but unfortunately, our quarterback was injured and will be out for the season - luckily his replacement is pretty good.


I got a TON of compliments on this mani - everyone thought I'd had my nails professionally done.  It did take almost two hours to do, just because I wanted it to be perfect and not mess it up before the lower layers dried.  However, I cannot take full credit for the inspiration of this mani.  I actually got the idea from a mani that FingerFood did back during the summer.  I absolutely fell in love with her mani and couldn't wait to recreate for my Florida Gator nails series.




Gah, I love this mani.  Definitely my favorite orange and blue mani I've done to date.  AND I did my right hand to match!  Yes, it didn't look as great as my left hand (my left hand shakes a bit when I try to do too much detail work), but they matched!  I wanted to take a picture with both hands lined up together, but never could convince anyone to take it until the mani started chipping.


For this mani, I used two coats of Pure Ice Celestial for the base, and then dotted on NYC Color French Tip White and China Glaze Thataway.  I actually have a funny story about Celestial - my father in law bought it for me!  My sister in law (his daughter) goes to USF, so he got her yellow and green, and got me blue for UF (he couldn't find the right shade of orange)!  Too funny!  You know you're obsessed (and everybody knows it) when, lol.


I love this mani.  And except for it being a little time consuming, it really wasn't hard to do at all.  I love dotticures - they're definitely my favorite nail art type, primarly because they're so easy!  This weekend we play at Kentucky, so expect my next mani to be predominantly orange! Go Gators!

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...