Monday, September 30, 2013

Florida Gator Nails - Week 4

Good morning!  Now that the ABC Challenge is "over" (though I do still plan on catching up on the weeks I missed), I should be able to get my Florida Gator manis up faster.  They were definitely becoming an after thought to getting the challenge post up on time.  It's just so difficult these days!  My next post will be about the new challenge I'm starting the "Untried Polish Challenge" which I plan on doing weekly.

Anywho - back to the orange and blue!  The Gators pulled out another win this weekend over Kentucky (24-7)!  I'll actually be attending the game this Saturday against Arkansas and I'm so excited!  We went to a bunch of games last season, but this is only our first this year.


For this week's Gator mani, I started with two coats of Wet 'N Wild Fastdry in 9.0.2.1.Orange.  This polish has an obnoxious to type name, so I won't be repeating it, but it's such a gorgeous orange with lots of glass-fleck shimmer to it!  I then placed a blue rhinestone at the base of each nail. 


This is the first time I've used rhinestones or studs in a mani before.  I have been wanting to for awhile, but have never gotten around to ordering any.  I found a small rhinestone nail art kit a few months ago in Family Dollar (or maybe Dollar Tree? I don't remember anymore lol) and picked it up purely for the blue rhinstones!  I knew they would be perfect for Gator manis.  The kit also has yellow, pink, and green rhinestones in various shapes.




It may have been user-error since this was my first time applying rhinestones, but these suckers are hard to keep on!  I probably should have used topcoat over everything after I applied the rhinestone...but I didn't.  They applied easily, but I lost two or three while sleeping overnight and then all but two of them while showering and getting dressed the next morning.  So note to self: apply rhinestones in the morning or use WAY more topcoat to seal them in!  Overall, I do like how this mani turned out, but it was more subtle of an effect than what I was expecting.

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...