Thursday, October 10, 2013

Florida Gator Nails - Week 5

Holy crap!  I can't believe we're already five weeks (technically six since we had a by-week) into college football season!  I really liked this week's mani, even though it did not end up anything like I had planned!  The design I had planned on doing I knew would take to long when I sat down to do my nails...so I went to work with just the orange base coat and then added the nail art Saturday morning before the game. :)


I started this mani with a base of Wet 'N Wild Fastdry in 9.0.2.1.Orange.  I then taped off the tips with scotch tape and used one coat of Pure Ice Celestial.  Then, to hide my not-so-perfect lines, I used a white Milani striper polish (I forget the name), to put a dividing line between the orange and blue. (Is it bad that I just went through "Orange and Blue" in my head right now because of my previous sentence?).


My only problem with this mani was the fact that I applied top coat too quickly and smeared the white polish on my middle and pinky fingers.  Luckily, it was not noticeable from afar, so I wasn't worried.



This is quite possibly my second favorite Florida Gator orange and blue nails of the season.  I'm not sure I'll be able to top that flower design I did for week two.  I got SO many compliments on that mani.  I'm sure if I had had this one done in time to wear to work I would've gotten compliments on it as well. :)



All in all, it was a good game - we went to the game and had a lot of fun!  The Gators pulled off the win over Arkansas, 30-10.  This weekend we play at LSU, which could be our toughest game so far this season.  Go Gators!

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...